Monday, December 12, 2011

Spicy Grilled Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches

This is a recipe I made up myself one afternoon and it was really good and pretty easy too. The chicken isn't grilled, the whole sandwich is. I guess it's a nice spin on grilled cheese sandwiches. If you try it, lemme know! :D


Spicy Grilled Chicken & Cheese Sandwiches

Ingredients:

1 12.5 oz can of Tyson Premium Chunk White Chicken (that canned chicken is the best)

1 tsp McCormick Hot Mexican Style Chili Powder

Bread ( 2 slices per sandwich)

Butter to cover bread slices

2-ish cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I actually didn't measure, I was just guessing.  :D  )

2 tsp minced garlic



Directions:

1) Shred cheese then break up chicken with a fork. Microwave chicken for about 40 seconds. Mix chili powder and garlic into the chicken with the fork.

2) Preheat griddle to 350*F. Butter one side of each slice of bread (like you would for grilled cheese). Place a slice butter side down on griddle (flick griddle with water to see if it is ready. Water should evaporate almost instantly). Put about 1 1/2 tbs of chicken and about 2 tbs of cheese on top then place the other slice of bread on that with the butter side up. Cook until golden brown and then flip. Cook until that side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

3) Optional: serve with salsa and/or sour cream on the side if desired.

I want this sandwich again. I haven't had it in FOREVER!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment